I am so excited about this project with these amazing people!!!
I’m organizing a commission for a set of new percussion ensemble works, and I’d love for you to be involved! This brings together some of my favorite things… chamber music, creating new pieces/collaborating with awesome composers, and supporting composers from underrepresented groups! See below for all of the relevant information, and let me know if you are interested in joining!
- SIX brand new pieces – one each by Jonathan Bingham, Aaron Garcia, Susanna Hancock, Finola Merivale, Emma O’Halloran, and Shruthi Rajasekar
- Each piece has a unique instrumentation – some pitched, some unpitched, some a combination – and aesthetic
- All pieces will be for 3-8 players
- Pieces can be programmed together, but don’t have to be. Each will be a stand-alone work.
- Pieces will be appropriate for professional, university, and even some high school groups
- Instrumentation will be limited to things commonly-found in school programs, or things that are easily obtained (found instruments, hardware store, etc)
- One of the goals of this project is ACCESSIBILITY – We want a wide range of ages and ability levels to be able to participate in this project, with as few barriers as possible!
- Pieces will be delivered on or before January 1st, 2021 (in time to be programmed in the spring of 2021)
- $300 total fee (that’s $50 per piece!), paid in two installments (one by May 1, 2020, the other at the time of delivery)
- Each consortium member will have the rights to give their own “world premiere” at the time and place of their choosing (My students and I will retain the recording rights, but otherwise, all consortium members are equal)
- One year of performance exclusivity for all consortium members, works won’t be available to the public until 2022
- We are shooting for 40 consortium members, but won’t be placing a cap on the number of participants… The more, the merrier!
You can learn more about the composers, and check out samples of their work, at their personal websites:
Jonathan Bingham – https://www.jonathan-bingham.com
Aaron Garcia – http://www.aarongarciacomposer.com
Susanna Hancock – http://www.susannahancockmusic.com
Finola Merivale – https://www.finolamerivale.com
Emma O’Halloran – https://www.emma-ohalloran.com
Shruthi Rajasekar – https://www.shruthirajasekar.com
If this sounds like something you or your program would like to get involved in, or if you’ve got any questions about it, please send me a message or an email (email@example.com)! Would love to have you on board!